SUCCESS AND FUN AT EVERY LEVEL
Aquadarts is a non-profit organization based in Davis, California that provides swimming lessons and training to a variety of levels of swimming, ranging from swim-school for young beginners up to our Senior Group which provides elite training for swimmers competing at the national and international level. Our programs serve families from Davis, Sacramento and Yolo County.
Founded in 1960, Aquadarts has a history of success at every level. Our competitive program DART Swimming has achieved national recognition for our swimmers’ achievements as young age group swimmers as well as senior swimmers. In 1990 we founded the Summerdart program. This recreational program has provided tens of thousands of swimmers in Davis, California with a fun and educational summer swimming experience. We added Minidarts for younger children, and also offer seasonal programming options of Falldarts and Springdarts for our developmental swimmers.
In 2017 we started DART Swim School; this program provides swimming lessons for children of all ages each spring and fall. Through all of these programs, we provide a variety of fun and high quality programs for swimmers of all ages and skill levels.
DART Swimming is our competitive year-round program. It is dedicated to empowering young people to commit to the pursuit of excellence and self-improvement, and through these pursuits to acquire life enhancing attributes such as integrity, discipline, dedication and sportsmanship.
Meet the coaches
Billy has been the head coach of DART Swimming since the fall of 2009. The following are some of his accomplishments:
- 2018 – Three DART athletes selected to the USA National Team
- 2018 – Three athletes finished top 8 at Summer US Nationals
- 2018 – An athlete selected to attend the USA National JR Pan Pac Team (4 Gold Medals & 1 Silver)
- 2018 – USA National JR Team Coach
- 2016 – 8 DART athletes qualified for USA Olympic Trials
- 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 – Sierra Nevada LSC Senior Coach of the Year
- 2015 – DART earned a Gold Medal USA Swimming award. All other years since 2014 the program has achieved Silver level
Head Age Group Coach and Director of Summerdarts and Minidarts
Carolee began coaching with Aquadarts as a UC Davis student in 1982. She was an assistant coach with the Feather River Fins swim team for six years, head coach of the Greenhaven Swim Team in Sacramento for three years, and was head coach of Kennedy High School swimming for one season. She is currently Head Age-Group coach for DART Swimming and has been the Head Coach of the Summerdarts summer team for the past 22 years. With Carolee as Head Age-Group Coach DART Swimming has accomplished the following:
- 6 Sierra Nevada LSC Championships
- 4 top 10 finishes at the Far Western Championships
- 2 top 5 finishes at the Far Western Championships
- Sierra-Nevada Swimming, Age-Group Program of the year in 2016
- Dozens of team records
- Coached numerous JO champions, SWAGR champions, and Far Western Finalists
Lead Senior 1 Coach
Reed Miller joined the DART staff in 2015. He is currently the lead coach for Senior 1 and Senior High School. He also assists Coach Billy and Coach Ray with SR2. Below are some of his achievements while with DART:
- 2020 – An athlete selected to Western Zone Select Camp
- 2020 – Six athletes qualified for Speedo Sectionals in Texas with one swimmer qualifying for finals
- 2015-2019 – Coached several individual swimmers and relays to top 10 national rankings in the 11-12 age group while he was the Lead AG3 Coach
- 2017 – Selected by Sierra Nevada Swimming as Age Group Coach of the Year
Jamie Owen Kiarie
Lead Age Group 1 Coach and Director of Swim School
Jamie grew up in Davis swimming for the Aquadarts through high school. She started her coaching career with Summerdarts at 14 and after college and graduate school continued coaching year around. Jamie now runs the Dart Swim School, coaches DART Swimming age groupers and is a Co-Head Coach for the Summerdarts and is the Head Minidart Coach.
Assistant Senior Coach
Coach Ray has been with the DART program since 2013. Ray works primarily with the Senior level swimmers and specializes in running our distance based workouts. Ray has coached multiple DART swimmers to top 8 finishes at JR Nationals since his arrival in Davis.
Assistant Age Group Coach
Kerry has been coaching with the Aquadarts since 2014. She also has been an assistant coach with Davis Aquatic Masters since 2008. She currently coaches the Pre-Bronze, Bronze and Silver groups.
Assistant Age Group Coach
Russell began teaching swimming when he was fifteen, and he has taught and coached every age of swimmer from the screaming infants to the competitive age-groupers and the seasoned Masters. He currently is the head coach of the Masters program at the Davis Athletic Club. From his experience comes a passion and dedication to the sport. He currently coaches all levels of our developmental program: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Assistant Age Group Coach
Jordan is 21 years old and will be a senior at the University of California Davis in the fall. She has coached Summerdarts for nine years and Aquadarts for five years.. She was a Summerdart for three years and an Aquadart for nine years. She coaches Bronze, Silver, Pre-Bronze, Swim School and Summerdarts.
Dive into our SWIMMING programs
Learn more about the programs our coaches provide.